部分医学考博英语词汇练习题及参考资料：21. People that vertical flight transports would carry millions of passengers as do the airliners of today.
[ a ] convinced [ B ] anticipated
[ C ] resolved [ D ] assured
22. The supervisor didn't have time so far to go into it __, but he gave us an idea about his plan.
[ A ] at hand [ B ] in tarn
[ C ] in conclusion [ D ] at length
23. The discussion was so prolonged and exhausting that __ the speakers stopped for refreshments.
[ A ] at large [ B ] at intervals
[ C ] at ease [ D ] at random
24. Most good writers use every means __ to make the reader's way smooth and easy.
[ A ] at their disposal [ B ] at their request
lC] at their will [ D ] at their convenience
25. Care should be taken to decrease the length of time that one is loud continuous noise.
[ A ] subjected to [ B ] filled with
[ C ] associated with [ D ] attached to
26. The English language contains a(an) __ of words which are comparatively seldom used in or-
dinary conversation http://zzb.22edu.com/.
[ A ] altitude [ B ] latitude
[ C ] multitude [ D ] attitude
27. Some of the most important concepts in physics __ their success to these mathematical sys-
[ A ] oblige [ B ] owe
[ C ] contribute [ D ] attribute
28. The shop-assistant was straight with his customers. If an article was of__ quality he'd tell them
[ A ] humble [ B ] inferior
[ C ] minor [ D ] awkward
29. His stomach began to because of the bad food he had eaten.
[ A ] pain [ B ] ache
[ C ] harm [ D ] be hurt
30. The dictator relied on abuse of his opponents __ on sound reasoning.
[ A ] more than [ B ] rather than
[ C ] other than [ D ] better than
31. It's __ my power to make final decision on the matter.
[ A ] off [ B ] outside
[ C ] above [ D ] beyond
32. I felt __ to death because I could make nothing of the chairman's speech
[ A ] fatigued [ B ] tired
[ C ] exhausted [ D ] bored
33. Grace tears when she heard the sad news.
[ A ] broke in [ B ] broke into
34. The question why be was absent yesterday in the conversation.
[ A ] came out [ B ] came round
[ C ] came off [ D ] came up
35. We'd better tell him frankly that he cannot come with ns; he cannot a hint.
[ A ] take [ B ] receive
[ C ] get [ D ] catch
36. The small white houses are of the Greek islands.
[ A ] special [ B ] peculiar
[ C ] odd [ D ] characteristic
37. Their confidence in him was greatly __ by his prolonged hesitation before taking any action.
[ A ] appreciated [ B ] confirmed
[ C ] weakened [ D ] cherished
38. What seems confusing and fragmented at first might well become a third time.
[ A ] clean and measurable [ B ] notal)le and systematic
[ C ] pure and wholesome [ D ] clear and organic
39. The meaning of this poem is very ; I really do not understand it.
[ A ] misty [ B ] obscure
[ C ] dubious [ D ] clear
40. When a number of people __ together in a conversational knot, each individual expresses his
position in the group by where he stands.
[ A ] pad [ B ] pack
[ C ] squeeze [ D ] cluster.